Creating Kindness March Blog Hop - Guest Designer - What Inspires Us



It jut so happens that I am having another turn as Guest Designer with the Creating Kindness Design Team this month. I am sharing the honour with the fabulous Brian King. No pressure! A few team members were snowed under (oh I hope not literally!) and I was able to help out. 




The theme this month is all about what inspires us. I find inspiration everywhere. Just look around and you see shape, form, colour and design. One of my favourite places to get inspiration is from home furnishings catalogues. It might be the colours or design that take my fancy. I cut out the pictures and save them for when I need .... inspiration. This picture of a cushion cover that I found in one of the online selling places here caught my eye.



I loved the colours, geometric design and random placement. Now the great thing about finding something to use as inspiration is that you are not locked into anything. Just get an idea, mull it around and turn it into something. So I went from this cushion cover to this card. 

 

Sometimes it is the oddest things that spark my inspiration - not a tangent most people can follow! The pale grey triangles gave me the idea to use Silver Embossing Paste to create some tiles. In my head it was perfectly logical but as I write this I am going to stick with the 'it's better not to know what goes on in my head' theory! So that lead me to make my own mask/stencil from acetate and the Tailored Tag punch. I was able to create these gorgeous silver tiles with a hand cut border around them. 


I added a silver stencilled shape to the Whisper White mat and built the card from there. It was just a matter of punching and stamping, then playing around to see what looked good. It is probably a weird layout but I'm loving it. I love the shimmer and slight pattern in the silver shapes. 



Oh and I just might love the inside as much as the outside. The silver shape was stencilled onto the Whisper White mat with the other elements added over the top. Sometimes it is nice to do something a bit different! I just love the raised silvery goodness you get when you use embossing paste!



Make sure you make your way around to each blog in the hop. I can't wait to see how each design team member finds inspiration. Next up is fellow Australian, the super talented, Cheryll Miller. She is sure to inspire us! Thanks for having me again guys.


Lou 








Product List

Comments

  1. A very, very trendsetting card Lou! I love your little oblongy shaped silver bits. You just watch, they will be everywhere before long and you will have started a new trend!!! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card is just stunning! I love how you’ve used the photo of the cushion and translate it into your card. Very fresh and trendy! Thanks for helping us out this month with the blog hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such unique layering and a fun color combination. I'm so happy to be hopping with you today! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Lou! Thanks for hopping along with us again xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it!! I love your inspiration piece and how well you translated that to the card Lou. Thanks so much for stepping in and hopping with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that card is a perfect interpretation of that cushion cover! I love how you found inspiration in the uncoventional. If you don't mind, I may want to CASE this for a furture card making workshop! It's a great way to showcase versatility in this product line. Loved hopping with you Lou!💖

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lou, great colour combo! Thank you for hopping with us again, you're the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so much fun Lou!! I love your inspiration piece and the silver paste tiles are gorgeous! I had a little laugh about just leaving your thought process in your head-lol! Thanks for saving our bacon again this month!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Lou....Thanks for post
    posture aid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.