Just Add Ink 395 - Just Add Inspiration (and a unicorn!)



Hi and welcome back for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week we have a gorgeous inspiration pic for you. Can't wait to see where your creative mind takes you on this one!


Me ...... I saw Berry Burst spots and immediately thought of the Foil Frenzy Designer Series Paper which led to thoughts of unicorns galloping along underneath this glorious canopy of blossoms. Amazing how the brain work isn't it? So all those crazy thoughts somehow came together to make a Swing Card. It folds flat .....


.... then when you pull the 2 side edges away from each other the front panel swings ......


..... to reveal a message panel.


It's a fun fold that is actually quite easy. Take a look at this post for instructions on how I made it and to find some more examples. When I first taught this card fold years ago the trend was to cut tiny strips of DSP to go around the edges but as 2018 is my year for working smarter, not harder, I decided to cut out the middle person and use DSP as the base. I have a video at the end of this post so you can see it opening and closing. Once you cut and score as per the diagram in the link above it all makes so much more sense!

I love this rainbow sentiment that I created. Simply use Stampin' Write Markers to colour in the stamp, huff on it to remoisten any ink that has started to dry and stamp.


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members were inspired by this gorgeous picture. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!



Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. Ooh this is really colourful Lou! I love how you coordinated the multi colour mane with the multicoloured sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness such a special card for any young unicorn lover Lou! I love how you’ve used the sparkly Berry as the frame for your Swing - lots of pink and sparkle and I’m sure it will be adored by its recipient.xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.