Colour INKspiration Challenge #24 Blog Hop


Can you believe it? This is our last Colour INKspiration for 2017. Before I get on to the challenge I just wanted to thank you all for your participation and support this year. The CI Crew love seeing your creations!

So onto the colours for this challenge.


Aren't they gorgeous Christmas colours? I used them to make some special cards to send overseas to some special friends. I have used the Bike Ride Shadow Box Card tutorial from Bronwyn Eastley at Addinktive Designs to make this. I love that it folds flat to post - always a good thing for overseas postage - but stands up for display. Simply reform the box ....... 



.... and pop in a battery tea light candle. I promise it is really pretty! It is just really hard to photograph because of the flickering candle.

I have stamped the lanterns from the Colour Me Happy stamp set in Versamark, embossed in gold and coloured the back with Pool Party and Blushing Bride markers.

I added a lantern inside thinking that it would glow through but it didn't really work out. Well at least there is something to look at from the top!

This is a really simple design. I have had to keep the embellishments to a minimum so I can post them but I think they do the job!

The back has room for a message.

I mentioned earlier that these cards fold flat. Somewhere under Millie my (not so helpful) helper is the card. Why put out tinsel if you don't me to play with it Lou?

This is what they looked like after I unearthed them from the furry mound. I made 2 versions to save time. I ran the tree and reindeer through the Big Shot at the same time to get it done in half the time.

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have the super talented Tanya Bell. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love it! You have until December 25 to add your entry. After that the CI Crew will be taking a well-earned break and will be back with our first challenge for 2018 on January 10th.

Lou


Comments

  1. Love these Lou! I'm a sucker for a fun fold and the lantern effect is very cool. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea and use of that set Lou. So clever - I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lanterns look great and very Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou you are so clever, these are gorgeous. I would love to case these !! Perfect colours too, and I love the holly with the lanterns on the envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lou! You always seem to pull something different from your bag os stamping genius. Thanks for the idea and the continured inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wow! I love it! Always a beautiful project from your desk! Can't wait to see what 2018 brings. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, Lou, you've done it again. I just love seeing your amazing 3D creations and I LOVE having you on the CI Crew. Thanks for wowing us in 2017 and I look forward to what the New Year brings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.