What Will You Stamp? - #128 - High TIde

Welcome to this week's challenge at What Will You Stamp? Each week we feature a different stamp set and start off the challenge by sharing our ideas for using it and then it is over to you. So check out all of the Design Team projects and if you are up for the challenge you can add your projects too. You might even be chosen as our next Guest Designer!

This week we are showcasing High Tide.


I really love this set. It is a nice change from the floral sets I have been using lately. (Not that I don't still love them!). You can see some other cards I have made with High Tide here and here. The 2 step stamping gives you great shading without any mucking around.

For my card today I have used a design for a 3D box card inspired by Bronwyn Eastley. Check out her card and the instructions for making it on her blog

 

When I was pondering what to make for this post, the 'hope' sentiment struck a cord with me. I was thinking how it would be great to use on a card for someone going through Breast Cancer but subtle enough that it could be used for other reasons as well.


I love the window with the message inside. Such an easy card to make but I think it really has a great impact.


I have stamped the detailed lighthouse image first in Smoky Slate (stamped off once first), stamped the solid image in Powder Pink then fussy cut and raised with Stampin' Dimensionals. I think it is a nice card to give someone for them to display without screaming CANCER! When you are going through something like that you appreciate that people care but you don't want to be reminded of what your are going through all the time. I hope this strikes a happy medium. I think the ribbon under the lighthouse is a nod to the cancer ribbon but also just a nice embellishment. 


The card is easy to construct. Make sure you check out Bronwyn's blog to find out how. You can also add your pic if you have used one of her tutorials and win a prize! I used my Layering Squares Framelits to die cut the larger square from my front (coloured) mat, making sure it would frame the sentiment. Cutting a smaller square from the Whisper White card front was easy. I positioned the front mat in place on the card front and lay the smaller square framelit inside, secured it in place, removed the front mat and die cut. Then when you adhere the coloured mat in place you have a white frame peeping through to frame the sentiment. 


Wondering about the blue background? It is simply made using a sponge brayer, Marina Mist and Dapper Denim inks and Glossy Cardstock. Lightly roll the brayer across the ink pad and then lightly roll across the Glossy Cardstock. It takes a few rolls and reinking, but it comes together really nicely. I changed rollers for each colour and blended the 2 where they overlapped. On the card front I stamped the waves before sponge brayering. I stamped the sand in Smoky Slate and tried not to brayer over it. The inside is made using a technique called Ghosting. Stamp the sentiment in Versamark and brayer over the top. The more you brayer the more the words stand out. Use a cloth to gently buff the words to remove excess ink. 


You can really see the shine here! It's not called glossy for nothing!

The back has some offcuts of the coloured glossy cardstock and a lighthouse. Plenty of room to write a message.


Make sure you do a matching envelope while you are at it.


To fit it into an envelope, just push the sides in, hold tight, and slide in.


Make sure you check out all of the other projects from the other Design Team members and enter your project. We'd love to see what you create.

Lou
Product List

Comments

  1. Your subtle color choices look great, Lou. Love this box style too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, This is a beautiful card with so much detail. I love that you can almost feel the texture of the sand. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.