Moon Baby watercolour card

On Tuesday I shared a few cards from a class I taught on Monday with you. Today I have 2 more using the Moon Baby Stamp set. This is such a fabulous stamp set that is perfect for watercolouring. For the class I had a simple card design that could be used with any stamp set. Even though it is simple, the black border really makes the main panel pop.


I wanted to have a few ways to vary this basic design so for my second version I have used this weeks sketch over at TGIF for inspiration. Sketch challenges are such a great way to spark your creative juices.


My second version was easy to make using the sketch by cutting my main panel and mat down, changing the orientation and adding a doily and ribbon. A quick and easy way to zhoosh any design. (PS I say 'zhoosh' all the time but baulk at writing it because I wasn't sure of the spelling. Thank you Mr Google for saving me from agonising over other words when 'zhoosh' is the perfect word!)



Add some Gold Wink of Stella for the stars for a bit of sparkle and you are good to go!


The fabulous thing about the watercolour pencils by Stampin' Up! is that they work really well on normal cardstock and envelopes too. I use a blender pen to stop buckling but you can use your aqua painter if you are careful and only use a little water.


Here's a quick tip to add interest to a card quickly and easily. Cut your mat and main panel. Place your main panel over the card front and stamp an image. I have used the clouds from the Lift Me Up stamp set. Add the mat in between the 2 layers. Job done.


Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. Adorable collection of Baby Moon cards - love them all! Great take on the sketch this week - we're glad you could join the fun at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.