Kylie's International Highlights top 10 winners blog hop - Get Well Soon



Hi and welcome to our blog hop today.  I am Lou Kitzelman and I live on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Everyone in today's hop were lucky enough to be chosen in the top ten in Kylie Bertucci's February International Blog Highlight. Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for me. I really appreciate it.
https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/international-blog-highlight-get-well.html
Our theme today is the same as the Blog Highlight - Get Well Soon. Today I wanted to make a card to cheer anyone up but have purposefully let off the get well sentiment. Sometimes you want a cheery card that doesn't remind you of why you need a cheery card in the first place. I wanted to make a special fancy card so have made a pop up cube card. Thank you to my lovely friend Megan Lenske for showing me her wonderful creation and sparking my creative juices. Check out Megan's cube creation here. Thank you also to Tanya DeRoy and Gemma Clarke for their wonderful tutorials that inspired and educated me. Make sure you check out their fabulous videos that will show how to create the box.

So onto my card. The front......


Undo the bow and........ (pretend you are watching a slow motion video or just scroll really fast!)




And up pops the box. It is such an ingenious design and not that hard to make.





I made my box smaller than Gemma's so that it would fit into the card when folded down. I'm sure I will be making a few more so will post the measurements next week. Thanks for stopping by. Make sure you check the participant list below so you can visit everyone today. Next up you'll be hopping from Australia to America to see what lovelies Sara Levin has made for you.

Lou







Product List

Comments

  1. Im dying to make one of these- and paired with the so succulent suite! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty, and that pop-up box adds just that little bit of extra to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou your card is GORGEOUS....I keep seeing these pop up boxes and they intrigue me. It would be a lovely surprise if you were ill to get a card like this! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Lou, I've been playing with pop up cubes as well :) Lovely touch with the succelent on top of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bright, fun card will lift anyone's spirits! I'm happier just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun an cheery card! I love the series of photos you posted showing how it looks closed and open!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I need to try one in a card! Such a beautiful card, I really love the extra element of a feature on top of the box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.