Inside the Lines meets Dragonfly Dreams #WWYS108

Ahhhhh...... the weekend is in sight! We are set for a weekend of rain but that means more crafting right! Did you know that there are only 7 days left to take advantage of all of the fabulous products you can earn for FREE from the Sale-a-bration catalogue? For every $90 AUD you spend you can choose one fabulous free product. There have been lots of products added and you can read all about them at the end of this post.

One of my favourite (shhhh don't tell the others) is the Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. It is perfect to use watercolour pencils on. One of my favourite techniques to use with it is the Spotlight Technique.


This is a great technique and really shows off the designs. You cut out a piece of the paper using a die. I find circles and squares work well. Then simply colour the cut out piece, mat on a slightly larger shape and place back on the DSP. Raise it with Stampin' Dimensionals to really enhance the wow factor. The Layering Circles and Squares Framelits are perfect for this. You can add a mat of a standard shape or one with a scallop edge.


I have used one of the sentiments from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set. I love a card that can be used for any occasion. We all need a stash of those. This card is perfect for the challenge this week over at What Will You Stamp.


So when have I ever stopped at one card? This is such a quick and easy technique - especially as you are only colouring small areas. What about a cute bee to set off the design? For a quick way to add the yellow for his body I have punched a medium and large circle using the Owl Builder punch and adhered behind. I love a good shortcut!


And I couldn't leave the dragonfly out could I?


For his wings I have die cut the solid dragonfly out of a Glassine Sheet and coloured with watercolour pencils. It is such a subtle effect.


So there you have it....... 3 cards using Dragonfly Dreams. Buy the bundle, add in a pack of cardstock or some ribbon and you can earn the Inside the Lines DSP for free!


Don't forget to take advantage of the 3rd release of Sale-a-bration products. Only 7 days left! 


Now is also an awesome time to become a demonstrator. On top of the existing fantastic discounts you also receive you can get 2 free stamp sets. Combine that with the Sale-a-bration promotion and you end up with so much free stuff! Please feel free to contact me if you would like to join. I would love to have you as part of my team. And yes......you have read the info below correctly.......you do get $235 worth of products (of your choosing) for $169. Add in the 2 free stamp sets .....what are you waiting for? You can join here.



Lou
Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$17.00

Comments

  1. Just have to comment, Lou, first because your cards are gorgeous! Also because of where you live - the Sunshine Coast in Australia. I live on the Sunshine Coast in Canada. And I have a friend, originally from Canada, who also lives on the Sunshine Coast in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a coincidence Gail! Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. I like all three cards, Lou! Your coloring is pleasing to my eyes :-) Thanks for joining this week's challenge at What Will You Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Lou, love the tip for the little bee too! Thanks for playing along with us at WWYS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.