Christmas Wishes Tea light candle box card

On Sunday I showed you how to make a Tea Light Candle Box card. It was so easy and fun that I got on a roll and made a few more. This card is to send overseas to someone who will be having a white Christmas.


The colours were inspired by the inspiration Challenge over at Just Add Ink this week.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/just-add-ink-338inspiration.html

My card didn't end up having as rich colours as in the picture but I did use the jewel tones as inspirtation. When I added a few darker colours it made the inside of my 'house' look creepy and spooky rather than Christmassy!


I have used the Home & Hearth framelits to create the window. I have turned it on its side to give a better view of my trees inside.


Fancy Frost DSP makes some nice wall panelling. The Holly Berry Builder punch teamed with the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set makes quick work of the swag element on the front.

 
And of course it folds flat to fit into a standard Australian C6 envelope. In this photo you can see more of the inspiration I took from the Just Add Ink inspiration picture. I have given most elements a coat of Clear Wink of Stella. I had intended the bow to be a bit like a belly band but I realised that it stayed in place after standing the card up. Bonus.......means the recipient doesn't have to keep tying the bow.
 

The back panel is easily decorated with the Holly Berry Happiness stamp set.


So why don't you have a go at making one of these easy cards that has a real wow factor????
 
Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous Lou! I love how you lined the inside - the fancy first DSP really does look like wall paneling and the white background really lets the colours of your trees pop off the background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those lovely details are a real feast for the eyes, Lou! This is a beautiful gift in itself. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou, you really are such a clever crafter. I just love your creations and I am going to TRY to replicate this one and the Santa one from the blog hop. You are an inspiration and just a weeny bit scary - thank you for sharing your amazing creations lovely lady xox You are tops and Merry Christmas to you my honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. It's always great to know that someone is out there looking at what I create. I'd love to see your tea light box cards when you make them. Have a really fantastic Christmas and thanks again for taking the time to not only read my blog but also leave a comment. I really value and appreciate that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.