Freestanding pop up Fiesta card

So this week I am a one trick llama! During the week I rediscovered some notes from a class in 2009 that I taught about Freestanding Pop up cards. You can see my first updated version here with full instructions. I was lucky enough to have it chosen as the winner for the Just Add Ink challenge.


When I saw the challenge this week over at What Will You Stamp I was really excited. I have followed the site for ages and unbelievably this is the first stamp set I have that has been featured in one of their challenges. Unbelievable because according to my husband I own everything in the catalogue!

http://whatwillyoustamp.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/wwys-challenge-70-birthday-fiesta.html

All you have to do is create something using this stamp set. So of course I decided I needed to make a fiesta scene using my rediscovered card fold.


This card is made in the same way as shown in the link above except for this card I have used a piece of cardstock 28 x 14.5 cm and a tag/acetate piece 11 x 16 cm.


The acetate holds everything firm without being bulky. I've added some grass made with the fringing scissors. After cutting once I came back and chopped it all at odd angles. I guess the llama was hungry! Kraft cardstock with the Hardwood stamp stamped in Versamark makes great poles.



This card also fits with this week's challenge at Just Add Ink JAI #318 which is to Just Add S. So this is a Stand up card with Stripes, Sombrero, Shakers and a Sassy South American Llama! Notice the eyelashes on the cactus? That is the stamen stamp from Jar of Love. When I saw it in the set I wondered why fish needed eyelashes! For some reason it didn't occur to me that they were stamens! Not sure what that says about me!


The cards folds flat to fit into a large square envelope. I have added a message panel on the back so that I didn't obstruct the fiesta scene.








Make sure you head over to What Will You Stamp and Just Add Ink to see what everyone else has created. It is a great way to get lots of ideas. Maybe you could enter too!

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. This is sooooo cute! Love your pop up card, thanks for joining us this week at WWYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!! This is amazing! I love the whole thing from your great pop-up design to the silly llama and the eye-lashed cactus shaking maracas! Fantastic! So glad you joined us this week at What Will You Stamp!
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Lou! I love the wonderful scene you created for your sassy llama - you've thought of every detail. Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous scene Lou! So fun and I do love the eyelashes on the cactus!! So many gorgeous details on this festive delight! Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you share instructions for this? I absolutely love, love this card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You can find the tutorial I did for this here https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/freestanding-pop-up-jar-of-love-card.html Feel free to message me if you need more information.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.